- Metal roofs outlast asphalt roofs: The standard asphalt shingle roof that many homeowners have lasts between 10 and 20 years, depending on the wear and tear caused by the natural conditions. (And that’s with repairs thrown in for good measure.) Metal roofs, on the other hand, have been demonstrated to survive for more than 50 years. The durability of metal roofs is only one of the reasons why many homeowners are investing in them today.
- A metal roof can enhance your home’s market value: Homes all throughout the country have shown that homes with metal roofs sell for more than those with asphalt tile roofs. One of these benefits is that homeowners may be certain that they will not have to invest much money in the roof for an extended length of time, possibly even for the duration of their stay. Metal roofs are also aesthetically attractive, which improves the marketability of your property. Furthermore, metal is considered a “luxury” roofing material, which raises the value of your property.
- Metal roofs improve energy conservation and efficiency: Metal roofs have been shown to save owners up to 40% of their typical energy expenditures, which is another major reason homeowners are making the investment. Because metal roofs reflect solar radiation so well, your home does not collect nearly as much as a typical asphalt shingle roof. This allows you to not only better regulate the general temperature of your home, but your air conditioner will not have to work nearly as hard, thus reducing energy usage and expenditures.
- A metal roof requires significantly less care: As a premium material, metal lasts much longer than common materials such as wood or asphalt and requires little to no upkeep. Metal is also a robust material, allowing it to readily withstand the weather in nearly any location. It is an excellent alternative for those looking for a roof that can withstand snow and ice. Furthermore, metal roofs are wind resistant. Metal roofs were proven as one of the most wind resistant materials a roof could employ, sometimes not moving at wind speeds of more than 150 miles per hour. This provides homeowners with a great deal of peace of mind when it comes to the hazards of inclement weather.
- Metal roofs are fire resistant: One of the most astonishing features of a metal roof is its ability to withstand fire. If a section of your house catches fire, the metal does not spark or ignite. If struck by lightning, a metal roof will do the same. This is not true with asphalt shingles. This aspect alone persuades many homeowners that their family’s safety is always their first concern.
Metal roofs are eco-friendly: Metal roofs are an excellent alternative for individuals wanting to make their property more environmentally friendly. After all, everyone is interested in learning how to make their house more “green.” Metal roofs are not only manufactured partly from recycled materials, but they are also entirely recyclable at the end of their life. This is in stark contrast to asphalt shingle, which is typically disposed of in a landfill and cannot be reused.
For more information about metal roofing malaysia, please visit https://www.yarkermetalroof.com.my